The technical staff at Netherland Sewell are experts in evaluating reserves and resources and have worked with hundreds of exploration and production companies worldwide. Our technical expertise combined with an understanding of industry regulations and project economics have made us a leader in upstream petroleum consulting. Although the challenges of the midstream sector are different, we are able to leverage these same technical skills and understanding to help midstream companies or their investment partners gain a better understanding of the oil and gas properties that provide volumes to their assets.
To talk to one of our experts regarding our Midstream consulting services, call either Mike Begland in our Dallas office at 214-969-5401 or Wayne Burton in our Houston office at 713-654-4950. We can also be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The scope of an NSAI evaluation can vary greatly depending on the data available and the needs of the client. We are often asked to estimate the development potential of areas with oil and gas volumes dedicated to pipelines, gathering systems, or processing plants. For domestic projects, we typically use public data combined with our vast experience gained from having evaluated all of the major resource plays in North America. We have also evaluated some of the largest pipeline projects in the world, such as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline and the Bolivia-to-Brazil gas pipeline. We can provide review/opinion letters, technical presentations, backup data, or reports for use in acquisitions or divestitures.
Our methodology may entail:
- Review system maps, development plans of operators in the area, volume forecasts, gathering agreements, etc.
- Develop type curves from public data to assess areas of current and past development
- Develop estimates of future drilling locations, spacing, and timing
- Estimate recovery factors and rate of return for existing wells to gauge the likelihood of future development
- Forecast oil, gas, and water volumes available for delivery
- Evaluate existing water disposal well capacity and additional future disposal well requirements
- Estimate future water gathering system volume requirements based on existing and undrilled wells produced water forecasts